Monday, November 22, 2004

KL



Yo folks! How's it hanging? Haha... Just came back from my trip to Kuala Lumpur. Can you believe it, that this was my first time there? And not only that, that this was my first overnight stay outside of Singapore without my parents? Well anyway, went there, saw the twin towers, but didnt go up. Wanted to. Went 1hr after it opened in the morning, and all the tix was sold out to school kids and tour groups. What a bummer! Watched a movie in Malaysia for the first time. Saw The Incredibles! Not bad. To me, it was better than Shark Tale. The cinema, only a bit more spacious in terms of the aisle, but thats about it. Lots of 1st times here. 1st time in a 5 star hotel. My friend had a 60% discount voucher, so we took it. They had cable, so it was a whole night of switching between ESPN and Star Sports watching soccer. They had a hellava spacious bathroom! 2 sinks, 1 bathtub and 1 shower room. Service was great. 1st time I see smiling malaysians serving us. Had little time to shop there. 1st time going to church there. Not bad. 1st time ate prata there. Prata there is delicious! Dont know why they cant do it like that here. And its cheap too. 1st time walked across the causeway to malaysia. Not a bad experience. I wouldnt mind doing it again. The hotel had a swimming pool and gym to use for free. Just used the swimming pool. Nothing much. It was on the 6th floor. It was kinda cool knowing that. Overall, the trip was quite rushed, so not much time to properly enjoy it. Before KL, won a pair of tix to see 'Saw'. Not bad. Disgusting and gory. Which is why I thought it was a good show. More than lived up to my expectations in the gory department. Give it a 6.5 rating as story line was not bad, but also at the same time, not that great. Well, my post is quite long today. Will stop here. Til next time, Thundercats, Roar!

No comments: