Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long Time a Coming

Yo Hoe's! It has been some time since my last entry. I got motivated to write something since someone asked for my blog address. So new reader(s), welcome to my blog, which from time to time, is updated as regularly as a polar bear hunting during hibernation. Lotsa big events coming up.
First major event would be the 10km Standard Chartered Run that I signed up for, and will be taking place on the 7th of December 2008. Been training these past few days, slowly increasing my distance. Infact, just today morning at ungodly 6.30am, I went for a 6km jog. What possesed me to do such a crazy ass thing? I am unsure. I have put it down to madness. How I wish someone would just convince me and say- "Madness? This is not madness. This Is Sparta!". But no, no such voice. Just the voice that keeps telling me this is pure, 100% grade A money back guarantee, Madness.
I guess part of the reason is that most of my friends have signed up as well. 2 of them are also taking part in the 10km, and another 2 are taking part in the 21km.
When I pose the same question to them- 'why did they sign up?', I get various answers. Some say it is for the shirt that they will give us to take home. I must say, that is some expensive shirt. I have to pay $45 and run 10km just to earn that shirt. Others say, it is for that sense of accomplishment. I pity those fools. Then again, now, I have join the company of fools. Life is strange that way.
Along the way, I have decided to re-try taking my army fitness test on the last Saturday of November, since my fitness has been going on the up. Want to take some money from the SAF. That is my dying wish.
Last big event coming up would be the company dinner that is going to be held at Swissotel. Coincidently, it is going to be held the day before the Standard Chart Run. So if you happen to see puke along the roadside, there is a high chance that it is mine.
Other than that, the last movie I watched was Tropic Thunder. It was one of those 'leave your brains at the door and watch' movie. It was hilarious. It was a little bit like Leslie Nielsons Naked Gun, but at the same time, done very differently, and clearly a Ben Stiller movie. It was unique, as I believe this is the 1st time that a movie is being shown about a director making a movie. And in it, Robert Downey Jr plays a dude, acting as a dude, disguised as another dude. Confused? Go watch it.
I still have not watched the latest James Bond movie. Looking for someone to drag along to it. Heard mostly good reviews. Hopefully, this weekend will get to catch it.
Well, I'll end here, and hopefully, I will get motivated some time in the near future to write such crap again. Till then, I suggest you watch this- Matrix running on Windows
For those affected by the financial crisis, Ynnib Nai has agreed to lend his pearls of wisdom to help in these troubled times- "The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket."

No comments: