Monday, July 07, 2008

NAM

Short form for Vietnam. 15 more days to go to my Vietnam trip. July 15, is my sister's birthday by the way. Also the same day my cousins from England are flying down to holiday in Singapore and will be staying with our family. Will be staying for 2 weeks. Have no idea what that is going to be like. I also have no idea what to write today.
Hard to think after going through a rock wall climbing session. Went with my brother and friend Henry. I have been going for the past few sundays and on days when I push myself, such as like a few hours back, it is tiring and my arms are aching. For some reason, so are my legs. I could not even open a can of coke after that. Had to use my thumb. And typing all this is providing me another workout in itself, with all the pain throbbing through my forearms everytime I push a key. It really is a fun sport though.
Now I would really like to just head to bed and rest after such a work out. But I am trying to get my body used to staying up late at night. That's why I am now typing all this- to keep myself awake. So that this week, as I am working the night shift, I would not feel sleepy or worse- jetlag. Yup, jetlag without the jet. When you work shifts like I do, you'll know what I am talking about.
Just want to take a random pause in all this to wish Jasmine a Happy Belated Birthday! I know I have already sms'ed and wished on the actual day yesterday, but when I get such a random moment, it has to come out. So here it is! Ta-da!
Is it just me or is Singapore having a lot of festivals lately? I know now is the Food Festival. There is also the Garden Festival and Night Festival coming out this month according to the commercials. Lau Pa Sat had free coffee and buns from NTUC for the Food Festival. The rest of the food were normal dishes that I always have when I go to Lau Pa Sat for my meals. They now have a loud band playing to add to that great atmosphere of shouting to your friend whenever you want to tell them something. I guess when they planned it out, they realised that people should just shut up and eat their food.
I think I have said enough nonsense for today. Shall end here and try to keep awake doing something else. In the mean time, Ynnib Nai has some wise but grave words for us to take note of:-
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

No comments: