Sunday, August 27, 2006

AHM

A Committee is a group of people who individually can do nothing, but as a group decide that nothing can be done.

Today I ran in the Army Half Marathon cause my unit was supposed to. Started slow at first, but when it started to rain, the motivation to run and get to shelter was immense. I actually sprinted for quite a bit. Azri ran with me. He actually ran with me. Thought he would be trying to convince me to walk, but he actually ran. I think he has become fitter due to his hockey training. We made sure safety came 1st and decided to stop at every water point to "properly" hydrate ourselves. The milo was good. So good that some people decided to take the whole carton of milo. My, did they enjoy their milo. And for our efforts? Tomorrow we get the whole day off! Woohoo! Finally I get to have a days rest. Had a busy and tiring weekend. Yesterday I went to Ben Koh's Birthday/Farewell Dinner. Went earlier to play soccer. I was quite satisfied with my performance. Made a few good passes, and even scored a goal. Need to improve my snap shots though and my 1st touch movement, but good luck with myself in training for that. No soccer ball and no idea what to do to improve those things.
As for my training, last Saturday I went to MacRitchie Reservoir to run. Ran the 5+km route. Wasn't used to it and the many slopes going up. Heard my timing was around 29min, but I wasn't really running all out so hopefully next time (if there is a next time), I'll be able to cut down that timing by quite a bit. Was trying to catch up with Adrian. Then the day after, Sunday, me, Gerard, Lionel, Alfred and Michael went to play soccer. I think I played ok but didn't score. Lionel, our star left back, tore his ligament and will be out for a few months. Man, that really sucks. Shows how dangerous soccer can be. Wednesday, I went running at the Kelong near my house. That is about 3+km. After running the MacRitchie route, I felt that the run wasn't much of a challenge. Plus no up slope to deal with. Just one flat straight route. Well, that plus the soccer I played yesterday, and the run today, sums up my training for this week. So that's all folks. And the wise Ynnib Nai has something important to say-
A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.

No comments: