Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Parties!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



Par.ty -noun, a social gathering, as of invited guests at a private home, for conversation, refreshments, entertainment, etc..

If that is the definition of party, then these past few days has just been one hectic party fiesta. The dressing up, the travelling, the eating, is an extremely tiring experience, but well worth it! It all started on my brother's birthday celebration, 20th December 2008. It was his 21st. Got him an electronic guitar pedal that he wanted, being the guitar person that he is. Went to my Aunt's place, who gave the impression that it was just a family gathering for dinner. So, when midnight came, the cake came out and so did the drinks. Well, my cousin Rachel got smashed and entertained us with her ramblings and out-of-control dancing.
Then came Christmas, and my first stop was my friend Alfred's place for lunch. Ate all round catered indian food, and had some catching up with my church friends. Was convenient that the party was held just one block away from mine. Went there dressed smartly but in sandals. Someone commented that I looked like a foreign worker.
Then, for dinner, my family again headed to my Aunt's place. My cousin, terribly embarrased last time round, kept sober, which thoroughly disappointed us. But the Party had to go on. Had nice home made food, and delicious cheese dip made by other cousin Michelle. My family has more girls that guys, but I guess with all of them cooking delicious food and contributing to what goes in my stomach, I can't complain. Heck, I thourougly enjoy it.
Then my family organised their own Christmas dinner party for my siblings friends and mine, on 27th December 2008. So I decided to invite my whole social network. Apparently, many family members were jealous that I knew so many people. My family prides itself on being loners. I however, think that is just stupid. They think that I am strange for thinking otherwise, and I think they are strange for wanting to keep the people they know to a minimum. I wonder sometimes if I was adopted.
Anyway, it was a great party, though I had to move here and there asking people mostly if they wanted more drinks, and could not really get into a full blown converation without having to say hello to someone who just arrived, or goodbye to someone who just left. My strategy was to just mostly entertain the smallest group. Plan almost backfired when 2 groups of 2 appeared. But I think, despite the hitch, all went well. A friend of mine- Gerard, even had his birthday celebrated, to his surprise. At the end of the day, a glass broke, a chair broke, and a policeman visited us at 1:30am to tell us to keep the noise down. Signs of a good party. By the way, I know who broke the glass and chair. This will be discussed with my army buddies.
Anyway, the day after that, it was a trip to my uncles place for another Christmas dinner. The food was great with King Tiger Prawns among the spread. Champaigne was my poison for the evening and I must say, it tasted sweeeeet.
It may have been back to work on Monday, but come New Years, there will again be another party or 2. I'm sure of it. This is probably why I always look forward to the end of the year.
So guys, I just want to end thanking all of you that did come to my party, and thank you for the gifts. Here's wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and all the best in your New Year. Cheers!

No comments: