Monday, January 07, 2008

New Year 2008!

Happy New Year Everyone! Ok, I'm a bit behind, but i've been busy. Had a lot of celebrations with Birthdays and Christmas and New Years and visiting relatives as you all know. My dear cousin is down from Australia if you all don't know by now. Her sister got married about 3 weeks ago.
And now, suddenly, January is packed with activities as well. So moving with the flow of things into the new year. With the January Birthdays, now there are other things such as my newly married cousin going to South Africa with her husband to stay in his hometown there. My dear cousin is also going back to Australia this month along with her Birthday being held just days before. I was getting ready to shift to Toa Payoh this month, but we are still waiting for the HDB to approve certain renovations and if they take their time, the move could be postphoned to February. So I have no idea when I'm moving.
Just started my new job and still trying to get the hang of things. Everything seems fine, though I wish I could move around and not stay stuck to a chair for 8-9 hours. But I guess you can't have everything.
Looking back at 2007, despite it's ups and downs, I must say, overall, it was a good year. I ORD'ed, went on my 1st plane flight, went Australia, had a great time there and found a 'new' dear cousin, started work, made new friends from there, and grew closer to people I didn't even know was possible to grow closer to. Life I believe is what you make out of it. And if you want it to be great, then you just have to look at people and situations differently. If things go bad, start thinking of ways to turn it around or make the best of it. Life will always have it's days when the shit hits you and doesn't seem like it will stop hitting. But I guess, we just got to stand tall, take it head on, and wait it out as best we can.
Ok, wow, I can't believe I said all that. I should just leave the wise sayings to Ynnib Nai huh. So I'll end my 1st post of the year here, and Ynnib Nai, what do you have for us for the new year?-
"What's gone, and what's past help, should be past grief."

No comments: