Sunday, November 18, 2007

New Begining

Well, I have applied, and I have finally got a new job. It's a System Administrator post, whereby I help clients in the US and other countries that are having problems with their emails. I never wanted an IT job, but i was desperate to get out of my present company. And after hearing about the job scope, which sounds like something simple I can do, and after hearing about what the progression is like, which is also good, I believe that this is something that would be best for my future. I didn't take it blindly, even though I was desperate. I really thought about it. Located in Raffles Place near the MRT, the location will be easily accessible when I move to Toa Payoh next year. They pay OT, which my current company doesn't, and it is a 5 day work week. I don't have to work on Saturday and Sunday. I work shift, and I get an allowance if I work night shift, so it is something extra on top of my basic. And the shift timings are good also, such that I don't have to go against the crowd during rush hour. And the night shift timing is such that I can still take public transport. It really sounded good. So I have taken up the offer and tendered my resignation last Friday. 2 weeks notice. I start my new job on December 10th. I went for the interview on Friday during lunch. And I thought that they will think about it and let me know on Monday if I got the job. But after the interview, the interviewer asked me if I can wait 5 minutes for her to talk to management. Of course I said yes, and 5 minutes later, she asked me if I can sign that day. So after considering everything, I said yes. Really excited about it. My current job, I don't see myself going far without losing my sanity at the same time. And the management is really poor. A lot are quiting lately, and the offer came at the right time, when they were about to increase my workload by 3 times. I believe that it is a God sent, considering the timing. And I thank him for all the blessings he has given me and for always being there for me. Looking after me. I had to say it. Well, that is all from me. A short update on the latest biggest happening going on in my life. And here is Ynnib Nai once again with words to live by-
"Follow your dreams, except for that one where you're naked at work."

No comments: