Saturday, October 13, 2007

Should I?

They call it PMS because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken.

Ello good people! If you're actually taking time to read my blog, you must be a damn good friend of mine. Haha! Either that, or you are plotting someting against me......... Anywho, a good friend asked me to update my blog, so by popular demand, I shall.

You know, for a short period of time, I was actually starting to like my job. I seemed to be getting a hang of it and I am finally confirmed and out of my probation period. I just have to attend a medical next week. The company seems to be finally hiring people my age who I can get along with, and I am now working at Clementi for the time being to help set up the new branch, which is closer to home.

Then this week, reality came crashing down. Confirmation means more work and less appreciation. I am strugling to work at the Clementi branch cos certain people don't want to travel all the way down to Clementi for an interview. And the project team which I want to be a part of, might not happen at all. My senior, who is supposed to head the project team, seems to be job hunting and demoralised as well. So I have started sending out my resume.

A former colleague asked if I wanted to join her company since there was an opening. I said yes and sent my resume. Apparently, it was rejected. She told me that her boss thinks my English is not good based on what I wrote in my resume. ???!!!! And my former colleague is from China, with English so bad that it takes awhile to figure out what she is saying. And she got hired! WTH?! Now that is embarasing! Maybe her boss version of good English is actually bad English? Was it opposite day, the day I sent my resume? Fish sticks!!

Anyway, 20th October 2007, Saturday, there is going to be an interview session for those wanting to join as cabin crew for SIA. So the question is, should I go? That is the big question now. Some have said go for the experience. Some say go, cos it pays well and I will get to travel at the same time. While there are those who say there is no future in that, and that I shouldn't waste my time. So what is your view? I'm holding a vote. Do reply and let me know you're opinion. Really wondering if I should go next week Saturday. Be honest, even if you think I shouldn't go cos I don't stand a chance. Leave your name afterwards so that I can hunt you down! Just kidding. But seriously, be honest and let me know!

Well, I will leave at that. I couldn't contact Ynnib Nai about his opinion on this, but the last time he spoke to me, he did leave me with these wise words-
"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane and going the wrong way!"

No comments: