Monday, December 15, 2008

I Survived!

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those that wished me a Happy Birthday. Had a few sms'es, facebook wishes, etc. I must say that this Birthday I had the most wishes. Was a good Birthday. Being a weekday, only my cousin Rachel was free, and so we went Vivocity for lunch. Got high on wine and went home where my family organised a family birthday dinner. Was really very full with lunch as it was, and could not eat much, but was still contented. The wine had a part to play in that contented feeling. The next day went to work, where my colleagues were in an equally good mood. One bought donuts to share with everyone, and the other bought a Birthday cheesecake. The Birthday cake was also to celebrate another 2 colleagues who have their birthdays 2-3 days after mine. Then on Saturday, my company organised a company dinner at Swissotel Marketplace. It was a buffet dinner, and they had another birthday surprise there for me and the 2 colleagues. What an experience. And what a lot of food I ate that week and that Saturday. Was a bit worrying, considering that I had to do the Standard Chartered 10km Run on Sunday.
So yes, I completed the run officially at 1 hour 7 seconds. That's a picture of me with my 2 buds Gerard on my left, and Henry on his left. Checked the stats and was ranked top 17% for that 10km run. Am pretty proud of the fact that there was no vomiting, no near death experience, or loss of limb during that run. As crazy as this sounds, but I am actually considering doing the 21km next year. Or 21.1km to be exact. I know it sounds horrifying, but seeing so many people of all shapes and sizes that completed 21km, and 42 km, I am begining to think that it may not be that impossible to complete. There is hope.
Speaking of hope, looks like my polls aren't taking off with the flying enthusiasm I was hoping for. Apparently only 5 people voted. Very hard to draw a conclusion to the question- Can Man U still win the tittle? According to the results, it is a draw between yes they can, and, who gives a shit if they can. Maybe it was the subject matter. Will try again with hopefully a more talked about question, if I can think of one. Any suggestions?
Well, we are about a week away from Christmas, and I cannot wait. Actually I can wait, because the festive mood before Christmas is just swell. Everyone just seems happier. It's contagious. If it's a virus, and I'm sick, I don't want the cure. What a feeling... Well, this happy man is signing off, leaving you with Ynnib Nai to teach you wise meaning of words-
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy."

No comments: